WaterAid Recruitment 2023/2024
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for WaterAid Recruitment 2023/2024.
WaterAid is an international non-governmental organization, focused on water, sanitation, and hygiene. It was set up in 1981 as a response to the UN International Drinking Water Decade. As of 2018, it was operating in 34 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Regional Communications Manager
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around 1 in 3 of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
Join WaterAid as our Regional Communications Manager to change the normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty, and change their lives for good. On top of that, you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organization.
As our Regional Communications Manager (RCM), you will be a member of the Southern Africa Regional team in the International Programmes Department (IPD) of WaterAid. You will be responsible for creating and leading a regional communications strategy that focuses on and maximizes key moments to influence (such as key pieces of WaterAid’s research, national elections, international days, conferences etc) to elevate attention to the WASH crisis in Southern Africa and internationally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the regional media and communications strategy is aligned to regional strategic objectives, uses the channels that are most likely to reach and influence our target audiences, elevates attention to the water and sanitation crisis in the region and increases visibility for WaterAid’s work amongst target audiences regionally, nationally and globally.
- Lead on media relations with regional and international outlets focusing on the Southern African region and oversee strategic management of media and digital communications channels, regional and global, to raise the profile of WASH issues and WaterAid’s work.
- Work with colleagues globally and in the Southern Africa Region, to plan media and social media communications to enhance and promote WaterAid’s advocacy and campaigns work.
- Coordinate all national communications strategies, helping to maximize national opportunities.
- Represent WaterAid at regional and international meetings, forums, and other events with partners and decision-makers.
- Work with the International Communications Manager to ensure that communications skills gaps in the region are identified and training provided.
To be successful, you will need the following:
- Degree in a relevant discipline, preferably a post-graduate degree in Communications.
- Extensive, proven, and senior experience in a media and communications role, including collaborating with and managing other people.
- The ability to lead on the effective, strategic rollout of a communications strategy that can maximize opportunities and influence change.
- Proven experience of using multiple channels – print and digital – as tools for engagement, influencing, and fundraising.
- Proven experience of acting as an organizational spokesperson, the experience of giving media interviews and briefings.
- Good knowledge and understanding of development issues and WASH issues within the Southern Africa Region.
- Fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission, and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
Package & Remuneration
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website for more details and submit the application(s).