Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the University of the Free State (UFS) Internship 2022/2023. The entire application details for the University of the Free State (UFS) Internships can be accessed below.
The University of the Free State (UFS) Internships
University of the Free State (UFS) invites unemployed graduates to apply for the Graduate / Internship Programme 2023.
The University of the Free State is looking for 2 interns to work in their Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the reception area in the Dean’s office.
- Refer students and visitors to the appropriate person/department.
- Assist students with academic advice (in collaboration with the Faculty Manager).
- Process of comments on student records.
- Manage a filing system for student inquiries & other files.
- Responsible for making Photocopies.
- Assist with the administration of international students’ applications.
- Assist during the registration processes.
- Assist with the completion of financial forms and filing.
- Assist with the travel and accommodation arrangements for the Dean.
- Assist with the managing of appointments for the Dean.
- Assist the EMS Teaching and Learning Manager.
- Communicate to students; the public and UFS staff members.
Inherent Job Requirements:
- Completion of any B degree within the EMS faculty at the end of 2022.
- Provisional acceptance letter for honor or other postgraduate qualification in the EMS faculty in 2023. Contact sessions (lectures) should be after working hours.
• Sound Academic Record.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Sound interpersonal relationships
Key Competencies Required:
• Results Orientated:
– The ability to deal calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
– The ability to stick with tasks, not give up, and overcome obstacles in completing one’s task.
• Strategic thinking
– The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
– The ability to carefully analyze information and use logic to address issues and problems at work.
– The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
– The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy, and enthusiasm.
Please ensure all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
*Certified copies must not be older than 6 months
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter
- Certified copies of all academic records
- Certified copies of relevant qualifications (please provide SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications)
- A Certified* copy of your identity document
- Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable)
- A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable)
- A service record of your current employer / last employer
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus, and study benefits.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 14th October 2022