The University of South Africa (UNISA) online application for 2021 has commenced. So we’ll bring you the breakdown of the University of South Africa (UNISA) admission application process.
The management of the University of South Africa (UNISA) is inviting applications for interested and suitably qualified students (Local and International) for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for the 2021 academic year.
Before applying, see the University of South Africa courses available for the 2021 admission.
How to Apply to the University of South Africa
The University of South Africa 2021 application can be done in either of two ways: online or through a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement.
Undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, diplomas & degrees, advanced certificates, advanced diplomas, BTechs & postgraduate certificates),
University of South Africa (UNISA) Online Application
You may apply online. In order to apply online you will need a working email address and your South African identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, your passport number.
Once you have gotten your student number from UNISA, you’ll need to pay the approved application fee. Endure your documents are scanned according to the application guidelines.
How to Apply Online to UNISA
Unisa has an online application portal that leads to different online application processes, depending on your level of study.
How to Apply to UNISA through a TVET College
Before you start your application, you need to consider the following.
- This application process is for non-degree programmes.
- Classes will be held at the TVET college.
- The programmes are primarily higher certificate qualifications offered at a number of TVET colleges.
- Once you have completed one of these qualifications, it could give you a better opportunity to qualify for one of Unisa’s degree programmes.
Upload Supporting Documents
Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification). The due date for uploading the required documents is the closing date for applications. No documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted.
Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
Pay the application fee once you’ve received a student number from Unisa
- R105 for online applications
- R160 for hard copy applications (hard copy applications will only be considered in exceptional cases)
- Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (ie STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030)
- Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details and payment information.
- You can track or check your application status after your online application is approved.
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
The due date for the application fee is the closing date for the application period. Any application submitted without an application fee paid on time will not be processed. Please ensure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment.