Tych Business Solutions Recruitment 2023/2024
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Tych Business Solutions Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Enterprise Data Engineer
As an Enterprise Data Architect, you’ll be responsible for designing and developing the company’s data infrastructure. You’ll work with IT to ensure that all of our data sources are secured and compliant. You will also support business by integrating information from different systems into one central location so that we can analyse it in order to make informed decisions about our future direction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- OLAP architectures to increase data sharing and provide end users with relevant information.
- Creates, enhances, or modifies OLAP and ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) designs to meet business needs
- Determines which data extracts can be integrated into BI tools
- Develops and implements real-time BI tools
- Owner, custodian and champion of the MultiChoice Information & Data capability, ensuring cross-group alignment of data assets with other functional areas and business functions, including alignment to the enterprise architecture
- Translates strategic requirements into a usable target enterprise information architecture and roadmap, which may include an enterprise data model, associated metamodel, common business vocabulary, ontologies and taxonomies, used to guide enterprise solution development and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio
- Ensure the enterprise information architecture maps to the enterprise architecture, and that all existing data/information assets are identified, stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise
- Definition of appropriate MultiChoice Information architecture frameworks, reference models, standards, policies and practices Setup, implementation and governance over Information & Data architecture toolsets used to design communicate the enterprise and information architecture
- Ensure a focus on information/data quality by developing and publishing enterprise data standards such as a common business vocabulary, naming conventions, data standards, transformation rules and related enterprise consistency specifications.
- Participates in the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to data and information use, security, access and governance (including defining accountabilities in support of data quality mandates)
- Drives communication and use/alignment of the target Information strategy and architecture (Blueprint) across MultiChoice Group stakeholders
- Provides enterprise-wide assurance over the integrity and appropriateness of solution architecture designs, using MultiChoice approved standard
- Monitor emerging industry standards (such as XML, RDF, OWL and
- XBRL, GDPR) to determine impact on the enterprise information architecture, positioning improvements to the environment where appropriate
- Incremental review of data performance and value realisation objectives in support of data standardization, cleanliness and reuse
- Information & Data representative in architecture and design related forum(s) as a key decision-making stakeholder, including participation in data integration, business intelligence and content management committees
- Coordinate new Information architecture activities across MultiChoice
- Group stakeholders, ensuring they are consistent and well-integrated with the established enterprise information architecture, using metadata management and/or a repository to promote reuse and standards adoption.
- Active member in pre-execution analysis and business case
- Development of new projects impacting data and the enterprise
- Information architecture. Provides an enterprise view of dependencies, impact and overlap against the existing portfolio and roadmap
- Identifies Information & data risks, assesses the potential impact on the enterprise in line with the enterprise target architectures
- Collaboration with all project stakeholders to review the objectives, requirements, designs and constraints of each solution, determining conformance with the approved EA BluePrint
- Recommends the most suitable technical architecture and defines the solution at a high level whilst updating the Information Model asappropriate
- Models designed and updated using the standardized modelling tool, stored in the enterprise architecture repository
- Lead in design of project Conceptual, Logical Architecture(s) and roadmap(s), recommending the most suitable approach in alignment with the target Information architecture. The designs should consider the following:
o MultiChoice Business (and Functional area) & IT strategy –
Across SA, MAL and VE
o Enterprise architecture strategy
o Enterprise Information Model & Roadmap
o Digital trends and emerging technologies
o Existing Data & Information Initiatives (Incl. Overlaps)
Desired Experience & Qualification
- BSc Computer Science or BComm Information Systems / Informatics or a similarly relevant Information Technology
- 8 years of experience as an architecture practitioner
- 5 years of experience in Information architecture and solution design
- 5 years of experience designing and implementing data architectures and databases for enterprise systems using various programming languages (e.g., C++, Java, PHP).
- 3 years of experience in leading/managing Information & data architecture teams
- 5 years of experience in implementing large, mid-size and small Information & data solutions/projects
- Detailed experience and successful track record in establishing Information & data architecture capabilities, defining and driving their adoption e.g., Data Integration, Business Intelligence, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data
- Security, Data Classification
- Knowledgeable in the design and construction of common information architectures that enable well-integrated transactional, collaborative, and analytical systems – internal, partner and 3rd party data integration
- Experience with different data management systems and structures e.g., Microsoft, Oracle, Previous experience as an Enterprise Architect is required for this position
- Experience with object oriented design patterns such as Model View Controller (MVC), Repository Design Pattern, etc., preferred
- Relevant Information & data system certifications e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, SAP & other
- Architecture practice and modelling-related certifications e.g., DAMA, TOGAF, Bredemeyer, Zachmann, UML,eTOM, SOA & other
- Architecture tooling certifications & experience e.g., Sparx, Casewise, ARIS, iServer & other.
- Supporting technology or business domain certifications.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).