Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Tych Business Solutions Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
A leading Hospitality group is looking for a talented and deadline-driven HR Officer to join their team. Responsible for Human Resources aspects within all properties, businesses, and companies. Ensuring that the company is compliant with national labor law. Developing and maintaining standard operating procedures. Ensuring staff wellness and development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate legal matters and compliance with management and ILS
- Advise on discipline and performance management
- Representation of the Company at the CCMA and the Labour Court
- Maintaining HR compliance
- Employment Equity protocol and submissions to the Department of Labour requirements
- Union bargaining council protocol
- Ensure that the grievance procedures are communicated to all staff and that it is followed
- Act as final escalation of grievances that could not be sorted out earlier in the process
- Ensuring that all employees within the company are trained to appropriate standards to deliver the best possible service.
- Insure that the induction protocol is followed
- Assisting in the annual review and HR status protocol
- Assisting in the personal development and career development protocol
- Maintain the master database of all job descriptions within the company
- Ensure staff database is kept up to date
- Responsible for archiving of old employee files
- Maintain the master dress code and uniform manual
- Maintain employee files
- Ensure all foreign employees have the needed documentation to work
- Oversee annual leave planning and schedules
- Conduct scheduled, structured, on-site HR audits of all products and business units
- Ensure protocol relating to staff functions and benefits are offered
- Assist with staff housing and transport programmes
- Responsible for staff wellness
- Ensuring the POPI Act is followed
- Maintain positive relationships with the leaders of the products and businesses within group
- Review policies and procedures within Human Resources to keep the department relevant and innovative
You will be expected to be available telephonically at all times and always have access to read and respond to your emails.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Applicable Tertiary Qualification in Human Resources, Organisational /Industrial Psychology or People Management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the same or similar position – within Hospitality
- Familiar with all legislature and amendments with regards to Human Resources (LRA, BCEA, EEA, SDA, OHSA, COIDA)
- Familiarity with Sectoral Determination 6 and 14 advantageous
- Level 2 minimum Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook in particular)
- Familiar with VIP Premier Payroll System
Package & Remuneration
Market-Related plus excellent benefits package
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).