NCE Senior Certificate Registration (May/June) 2021
The National Department of Basic Education has commenced grade 12 senior certificate registration for 2021/2022.
Adults that qualify to write the 2021 Senior Certificate examination must register for the examination from 3 November 2020 until 26 March 2021. Candidates may register at any provincial education office (which includes the provincial head office, the district office or a circuit office) OR register online on www.eservices.gov.za.
NCE Senior Certificate Registration Requirements
To be registered you will need to submit the following:
- Completed registration form
- A certified copy of your ID document or birth certificate or passport (foreign candidates)
- Repeater candidates must attach a copy of their previous highest qualification
- If you have you entered and wrote any other Grade 12 or equivalent examination before you will need to supply the examination numbers for those exams.
The following candidates will qualify for admission to the Senior Certificate:
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
- a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or
- a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven), stating that they have passed Grade 9 or Standard 7; or
- a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate and whose School-Based Assessment (SBA) validity has expired.
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
- Adult candidates who are 21 years and older with an incomplete NSC and whose School-Based Assessment component has not yet expired may choose to complete the NSC by registering in January for the 2020 NSC examinations to be written in November, or convert to the Senior Certificate. Should the candidate choose to convert to the Senior Certificate, they may not revert to the NSC and attempt to complete the NSC qualification.
For information on registration criteria, subject choices and promotion requirements visit the Senior Certificate page on http://www.education.gov.za/Curriculum/SeniorCertificate.aspx
NCE Senior Certificate Online Registration
Electronic registration (e-Registration) for adults planning to write the June 2021 Senior Certificate examinations is available to candidates from all provinces. The open period for e-registration is from 03 November 2020 to 26 March 2021.
Please note the following before you register online:
Valid RSA ID number
- Only candidates with a valid RSA ID number will be able to register online. This same ID number will appear on your final Umalusi certificate.
Valid email address
- You will need to provide a valid email address. If you do not have an email address, you may register for one at any of the free email service providers (Gmail, Yahoo etc.). Your Admission Letter and other documentation will be sent to this email address.
Valid cell phone number
- You will need to provide a valid cell phone number and have the phone with you when you register. During registration a One-Time-Pin, which is needed to complete registration, will be sent to this cell phone number.
- You will need to provide electronic copies of supporting documentation (copy of certified Identity Document, previous qualifications and Special Needs approval if relevant). The size of these copies should not exceed 512Kb per document. File types which will be accepted by the system are: PDF, JPG, JPEG, TIFF and PNG.
- If you have registered previously on the e-Gov Portal you don’t need to register again, just login with your previous login details (“Register” becomes “Login” in step 2 in the diagram below).