SAB Agriculture Internships 2022/2023
Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Seriti Mine Learnership Programme 2023. The full application details for the Seriti Mine Learnership Programme can be accessed below.
SAB Agriculture Internships
SAB invites South African unemployed graduates to apply for Agriculture Graduate / Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
We at SAB (proud part of the ABInBev family) are looking to attract ambitious, curious, and driven Agriculture graduates to join us for a 12-month (fixed term contract) structured internship. We need you to be flexible, agile, resilient, and open to taking on any challenges whilst learning. During this time, you will get an opportunity to really showcase your skills!
You will be working with our best leaders and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring! The programme is designed to provide Agricultural graduates with an intensive focused training program, where they will gain insight into every aspect of agricultural development within the South African Breweries environment.
The programme will include practical exposure to the following:
- Basic understanding of the malting and brewing process
- Operation of farm equipment
- Safety in the workplace
- Introduction to barley breeding and barley seed chain
- Research and development methodology and practical execution of field trials
- Input cost budgets and tracking. Marketing environment and marketing of barley
- Production practices of raw materials for use in brewing (Barley, maize, sorghum, and cassava)
- BASIS (Fertilizer recommendations)
- AVCASA (Chemical recommendations)
- Grading courses (Barley and maize)
- Completed qualification or final year graduate (BTech in Agriculture or BAgric or BSc Agric or BSc Agric Hon or MSc Agric)
- Must major in Agronomy/Plant production/Crop Production and Soil Science
- No more than 3 years of formal work experience post achieving your qualification(Internship, vacation work, short duration contracts, and part-time work experiences are not applicable)
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- A valid driver’s license would be an advantage
- Willing to relocate to Kimberley for a 12-month period commencing January 2023.
- No health risk or allergy to dust and excessive pollen
- Company support will be provided at discretion where relocation is required
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 30th September 2022