Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Makwande Supply & Distribution Recruitment 2023/2024.
Makwande Supply & Distribution is a reputable firm in South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
The position is driven by the need to have a Financial Controller specialist who will manage the full finances of the Company. The candidate must have an adequate understanding of transport costs drivers such as (but not limited to), tyres costs, fuel costs, repairs and maintenance costs plus labor costs.
Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for the management of subordinates, financial accounting function, cost and management accounting function, budgeting, cash flow management, reporting and management accounts (reports) up to year-end financial statements and internal controls including system designs, implementations, and advisory risk management and statutory compliance in the accounting or finance department in accordance with the Company’s Standard Policy and Procedures.
The incumbent will be responsible for overall control of the Company’s financial pillars:
1. Financial Accounting.
2. Cost Management.
3. Cash Flows and Treasury Management.
5. Financial Analysis and Capital Planning.
6. Reporting (Monthly Management Accounts and AFS – Annual Financial Statements)
7. Risk Management and Internal Controls.
8. Statutory Compliance (Including Taxes).
9. Business Support in areas such as tenders, customer audits and related items.
10. Payroll Support Function.
11. People Management.
12. Ensuring there is Continuous Improvement.
13. General. Sub-Ordinates
The incumbent will be responsible for the management of the below subordinates:
2. Business Analyst.
3. Accounts Supervisor.
4. Accounts Clerks (Debtors and Billing Clerks, Creditors Clerks, and Cash Book Clerks)
Desired Experience & Qualification
Tertiary degree or diploma in accounting or finance. Further Accounting accreditations such CIMA or CA (SA) will be advantageous.
• Minimum five (5) years must be as Financial Controller or Senior Accountant.
• Must have proven abilities in financial management, cost management, cash-flow management, budget process, management reporting, taxation and IFRS
• Pastel Evolution experience is advantageous
• Understanding Foreign Currency transactions and forex revaluations will be an added advantage.
Competencies / Behaviour / Skills:
• Good organization skills
• Leading and decision-making.
• Report writing
• Analyzing skills
• Conflict management.
• Time management.
• Quality and Numbers orientated.
• Output and Customer orientated.
Package & Remuneration
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website for more details and submit the application(s).