LNW Consulting Engineers & Project Recruitment 2023/2024
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for LNW Consulting Engineers & Project Recruitment 2023/2024.
LNW Consulting Engineers and Project Managers (Pty) Ltd was established in 2001 as a consulting engineering company.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our dynamic team.
- Completed B.Eng / B.Sc degree in Mechanical Engineering. Depending on experience, a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering might be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical design such as failure mode and effect analysis, fatigue, asset life cycles, reliability engineering, TQM, materials handling equipment design, FEM, vessel & storage tank design & welding, and discreet element analysis (DEM) will be beneficial.
- Candidate to be fully knowledgeable in all the relevant international codes of best practice & industry norms regarding the aforesaid experience.
- Registered with ECSA as PrEng or Pr (Tech) Eng.
- Willing to perform site work, out-of-office.
- Willing to travel for work.
- Good physical health is required since the appointee will be required to undergo OHSA Medical Examinations for access to various client sites.
- No criminal record.
- No history of drug use and/or alcohol dependency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Open communication approach with colleagues.
- Good organizational skills.
- Structured approach to problem-solving and structured approach to day-to-day self-management.
- Ability to perform the necessary engineering introspection and willingness to be challenged.
- Showing initiative in challenging and unclear circumstances.
- Computer literate, and proficient in typical office software applications.
- 3D CAD modeling experience (AutoCAD / Inventor / SolidEdge / ProE / SolidWorks or any other known mainstream CAD package).
- Driver’s license.
- Own transport.
- Professional appearance and conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Materials handling design.
- Pipeline design.
- Tank design or evaluation.
- Strength analysis / Finite Element Analysis.
- Thermal analysis.
- Rehabilitation of aging infrastructure.
- New infrastructure design.
- Modifications to existing infrastructure.
- Working on multidisciplinary projects in a multidisciplinary team.
- Compilation of design reports.
- Compilation of investigation reports.
- Liaison with clients.
- Liaison with suppliers and external service providers.
- Interpreting client needs and making proposals to clients – verbally and written.
- Compilation of / assistance with tender submissions.
- CAD modeling and drafting as required.
- Generation of Bills of Quantities, Scopes of Works, and Specifications.
- Project close-out.
Package & Remuneration
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).