Legal Practice Council Recruitment 2023/2024
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Legal Practice Council Recruitment 2023/2024.
The Legal Practice Council is a national, statutory body established in terms of section 4 of the Legal Practice Act, No 28 of 2014. The Legal Practice Council and its Provincial Councils regulate the affairs of and exercise jurisdiction over all legal practitioners (attorneys and advocates) and candidate legal practitioners.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: General Senior Administrator
The Legal Practice Council (LPC) is currently embarking on a process to fill a vacant position in the National Office, Gauteng, Limpopo, Eastern Cape, Mpumalanga, North West, Free State, Western Cape, and Kwa-Zulu Natal Provincial Offices.
Minimum Appointment Requirements:
- Matric (Grade 12);
- National Diploma in Administration or similar;
- 4 years of administrative experience;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Knowledge of Legal Practice Act.
Skills & Competencies
- Attention to detail;
- Deadline driven;
- Telephone etiquette; Multi-tasking;
- Time management;
- Team player;
- Typing and Working under pressure.
- Assisting with telephonic, email, and in-person queries relating to record information;
- Assisting practitioners telephonically and in person with Fidelity fund Applications;
- Assisting with providing forms and information on the opening of firms/branch offices, conversion of enrolments, registering for Practical Vocational Training Contracts, extensions for Practice Management Training Course;
- Providing information relating to exams as well as assisting with administration/invigilating of exams and oral examinations at the Durban office and at the Durban exam venues;
- Setting up of Zoom/teams for meetings/orals;
- Accepting of the exam paper and safekeeping of same until the exam is written;
- Receipt of and safekeeping of exam scripts after the exam has been written and after the examiners have marked or moderated the papers. ; Assisting with delivering exam scripts to examiners when the driver is not available;
- Attend to typing of letters, memoranda, and minutes;
- Develop and manage a filing system for the office; data capturing;
- Handle all administration relating to the public’s complaints and disciplinary matters;
- Handle all administration relating to risk and compliance matters;
- Handle all administration relating to curatorship matters;
- Adhere to stipulated timeframes in the carrying out of administrative duties;
- Input into the preparation of departmental reports;
- Assist with preparations for Committees and Council meetings;
- Assist in the handing of general telephonic inquiries, escalating for query resolution when required;
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate files of all correspondence and documentation and maintain relevant departmental database;
- Supervise the Administrator: Generalist.
Package & Remuneration
R 338 726 all-inclusive package p.a
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).
Closing Date: 28/04/2028.