Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for KZN Dept of Agriculture & Rural Development Bursaries 2023. The entire application details for KZN Dept of Agriculture & Rural Development Bursaries can be accessed below.
KZN Dept of Agriculture & Rural Development Bursaries
KwaZulu-Natal Department of Agriculture and Rural Development invites South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
The KwaZulu-Natal Government is offering bursaries to students who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal interested in pursuing a tertiary qualification in the fields of study indicated below:
- ND: Animal Health
- BSc: Agriculture (Plant Pathology, Crop and Animal Science) .
- BSc Agriculture Engineering
- ND: Industrial Engineering
Who can apply?
- Youth in possession of a matric/grade 12 certificate, between the ages of 18-35 years and who are from the KwaZulu-Natal Province.
- Students in possession of an acceptance/provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning and willing to study in fields as indicated in this advert.
- Students who are currently studying towards qualifications indicated in this advert.
To apply, kindly forward the following documents:
- Bursary application form (this is obtainable at the Operation Sukuma Sakhe War Rooms, Department of Education District Offices and Student Funding Office at Institutions of higher learning, Website of Provincial Departments, Provincial Government Facebook).
- Certified Copies of an Identity document (ID) including your parents’ ID and /or your guardians’ ID/ death certificate where applicable.
- Certified copy of Matric certificate and current statement of results if already studying.
- Proof of income and expenditure statement of either parent/legal guardian must be provided or a letter from the Department of Labour stating that they are unemployed (payslip, pension receipt, or bank statement).
- Proof of registration/ acceptance letter from the institution of higher learning/ Proof of CAO application.
- Proof of unemployment from the Department of Labour for both parents if they are unemployed/ Affidavit.
- Proof of Residence
- It is recommended that those who have profiling certificates submit a certified copy.
How to Apply
Post application to The Director: Human Resource Development, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, P/B X9059, PIETERMARITZBURG, 3200
Physical Address: R103 Cedara off-Ramp, PIETERMARITZBURG,
PLEASE NOTE a) It is the responsibility of the student to seek admission with a tertiary institution and accommodation within the University residence. Successful applicants will enter into a contract for a number of years equivalent to the duration of their period of study. The bursary is for full-time study at a public institution and covers tuition fees, meals or stipends, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks where necessary. b) Obligation: A bursar will be required to serve the relevant Provincial Department for the same number of years specified in the Bursary Contract unless stated otherwise. It must be stressed that funds are limited and there is no guarantee that all applicants will be successful. c) Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 4 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. d) Preference will be given to students who will pursue studies at institutions within the KZN Province. e) Youth with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 20th November 2022