Biography of Juanita du Plessis & Net Worth
Juanita du Plessis (née Naude) is an Afrikaans country singer, born on 26 April in Windhoek, Namibia. She became known for her song Ska-Rumba. Du Plessis’ singing career began in 1998 with her debut album Juanita. That year she won the CMA (Country Music Association in Namibia) awards as best singer, best songwriter, and the Association’s Award for outstanding achievement.
Her record sales total over 3 000 000. In 2010 she received a South African Music Award in the category Best Afrikaans DVD for her 10 Year Hit Celebration Production. The DVD contains her most successful hits over the first 10 years of her singing career. She has also crowned the most popular female artist for the seventh consecutive year at the Huisgenoot’s Tempo Awards ceremony in Johannesburg in 2011. In 2018 she celebrated 20 years in the music industry, releasing a greatest hits album 20 Jaar – Treffers van 2008–2018.
Juanita married Herman du Plessis and they have three children: Ruan, Mario, and Franja (the last two are twins). Her brother, Pieter Naudé, is also an accomplished South African artist. Her oldest son Ruan is also an Afrikaans singer and manager at Juanita Records. He performs under the stage name Ruan Josh. Her only daughter Franja is also a successful Afrikaans singer and won 2 Ghoema awards in 2017.
- Young Hearts (platinum)
- Ek en Jy (Ska-rumba) (3x platinum)
- Dis waar ek wil wees (2x platinum)
- Jy is… (3 x platinum)
- Altyd Daar (3x platinum)
- Bly by my (2x platinum)
- Jou Skaduwee (2x platinum)
- Vlieg Hoog (5x platinum)
- Volmaakte Kring (3x platinum)
b* 10 Jaar Platinum Treffers (4x platinum)
- Engel van my hart (4x platinum)
- Wees Lig (3x platinum)
- Hart vol Drome, duet with Theuns Jordaan (Platinum)
- Jy Voltooi My (2x Platinum) (SA No. 3
- Nashville (Platinum) (SA No. 150
- Toe Staan Die Wêreld Stil (Platinum) (SA No. 7)
- Koningskind (Platinum) (SA No. 7)
- Kaalvoetkinners (Juanita du Plessis, Franja du Plessis & Ruan Josh)
- 20 Jaar – Treffers van 2008–2018
- Dis Tyd (SA No. 1)
Several albums are in Afrikaans and the names of these are kept in the original language.
Juanita du Plessis’s net worth is estimated to be $7 million, according to the list of South Celebrities and Net Worth in 2021.