Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Jean-Mari Hellig Consult Recruitment 2023/2024.
Jean-Mari Hellig Consult is a reputable enterprise in South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Hse Practitioner / Advisor
A company in northern suburbs of Cape Town is looking for a HSE Advisor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct safety assurance activities, as directed, and as per ISO 45001:2018 standard.
- Provide HSE support to ongoing projects in the workshops by maintaining a visible presence of at least one visit per shift.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HSE programmes in the workshops.
- Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
- Inform the management team and supervision of any new or conflicting legislative matters that could impact projects.
- Develop a Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the site to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and the community.
- Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with standards.
- Organise and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage.
- Provide direction, HSE support and resources to all project managers, supervisors, team leaders and safety officers.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
- Participate in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause and corrective actions, where necessary.
- Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
- Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and that all documentation has been duly completed.
- Ensure the safety team training is up-to-date and competencies comply with requirements – liaise with the Training Co-Ordinator.
- Review safety obligations of client projects and ensure these are carried out as per the contractual agreements and are communicated to the project manager involved.
- Ensure new employees are inducted and all required documentation is completed accurately and sent to HR.
- Ensure safety boards with postings, including, but not limited to: Health and Safety policy, inspections, audit results, project hazard assessments, location of first aid boxes, clinic, etc. are maintained and current with assistance from the HSE Administrator.
- Ensure that the following material is available and on site or at the workplace: company’s HSE Manual, safety inspection forms, observation forms, JSA forms, copy of OHSAct, etc.
- Prepare for, and participate in ISO 45001:2018 and all client audits.
- Communicate, coach and assist the staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
- Co-ordinate a regular meeting with the safety team to review issues, trends and upcoming projects.
- Comply with all relevant health, safety, environmental, quality, legal and regulatory requirements, as stipulated by company requirements.
- Manage the following:
- Rigging store control.
- Safety committee attendance.
- Safety walkabout.
- Safety incentive scheme.
- Routine and non-routine lifts, etc.
- Toolbox Talks using the MY SAFETY topics.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Strong Construction Regulations 2014 experience.
- Registered as SACPCMP.
- Strong ISO 45001:2018 experience – practical and theoretical.
- Theoretical HSE / legal training background.
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma or Certificate e.g., SAMTRAC; Nebosh.
- Ability to manage people or have the affinity / ability to grow into the HSE Manager position.
- Minimum 5-years Health and Safety field experience.
- Minimum 3-years supervisory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities
- Medically fit and in good physical condition.
- Availability to travel.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website for more details and submit the application(s).