Jean-Mari Hellig Consult Recruitment 2023/2024
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Jean-Mari Hellig Consult Recruitment 2023/2024.
Jean-Mari Hellig Consult is a reputable enterprise in South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: 2x Infrastructure Technician
The role will be responsible for both building & maintaining the wireless infrastructure while only maintaining and expanding fiber infrastructure as the fiber build requires.
Identify and mitigate risk not only to the business and its infrastructure but also to its staff, maintaining high safety standards in the workplace. Be innovative in improving our infrastructure quality, providing the customer with uninterrupted connectivity.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communications towers, fiber networks and support structures like data centers.
Meet project deadlines and be able to respond to any type of network outage, this includes both high site outages as well as fiber network breaks.
Climb tall structures daily (50 meters or more) with a load of up to 20kg.
Analyse situations accurately Identify potential future risk factors that will influence the performance of the Infrastructure and maintain as safe working environment, while adopt an appropriate course of action when risks become apparent.
Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing and repairing antenna systems/equipment, and performing tower maintenance.
Building and repairing fibre network infrastructure for the purpose of maintaining and expanding the existing fibre infrastructure where damages might occur or small expansions are needed.
Install and maintain various cable and connector types.
Weatherproof all types of installations.
Install, maintain, and repair power equipment and data routers.
Follow instructions accurately according to the work schedule (ticket/job card). Escalate situations to the infrastructure team leader when factors may arise that will impair him/her in completing his/her work order successfully.
Identify safety hazards and perform duties in a safe manner.
Communicate and report verbally and in writing to other team members and management.
Work with and maintain basic hand tools and mechanical equipment.
Travel extensively, sometimes at short notice.
Erecting of self-supporting and stayed masts.
Lead a team and mentor less experienced tower technicians.
Must be able to plan the construction of future infrastructure needs.
Any ad Hoc tasks as required by their manager.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Previous experience in the role is a MUST.
- Driver’s license (Off-road driving experience will be advantageous).
- Must meet the medical requirements and have an up-to-date medical certificate.
- Successfully completed the Working at Heights & Tower Rescue Training.
- Experience in manual labor, related to site preparation and/or equipment setup, having experience in both the fiber & RF fields with be advantageous.
- Hand skills and working knowledge of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Experience with relevant planning and monitoring tools/software.
- Proficient in safe climbing practices.
- Good understanding of the Municipal regulations and/or by-laws.
- Must be proficient in the use of safety equipment, harnesses, and climbing gear.
- Physically fit to climb towers via ladders, carry equipment such as tools and gear, no fear of heights, able to work in various environmental conditions.
- The ability to climb structures (sometimes 50 meters or more) with a 20kg load.
- Employee weight & tools combined may not exceed 125 kg weight limit as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Employee’s waist circumference must not exceed 150 cm measured at the navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Intermediary computer skills.
- Intermediary understanding of electricity (AC/DC).
- Intermediary understanding of solar energy.
- Intermediary understanding of power and battery equipment.
- Intermediary network and RF principles and troubleshooting.
- Adequate knowledge of network hardware and Software.
- Adequate knowledge of routing and RF protocols.
- Intermediary knowledge of cable and trunking techniques.
- Have advanced fault finding and problem-solving skills.
- Grade 12 (Maths and science will be advantageous).
- OSHA Certification will be advantageous.
Package & Remuneration
Salary: R 14 500.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website for more details and submit the application(s).