Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Intercape Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Supervisor (Durban)
Duties & Responsibilities
Vehicle Inspections and General Repairs
- Sign-off and ensure all vehicle details are accurately recorded on the job card system.
- Ensure defects recorded on the job card system are sufficiently repaired before signing-off.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding inspection sheets.
- Ensure all special tools and equipment is available and in working condition (incl computers).
- Manage workshop flows and efficiency levels.
- Manage parts required (requisitions, correct parts, availability).
- Adhere to manufacturer’s specifications as specified in all related technical areas (electrical, mechanical, body, tyres and trailers)
- Manage analytic tools are utilized effectively.
- Manage the following (minimum) technical areas:
- Technical Stores
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure safety is managed at all breakdowns.
- Responsible for cleanliness of vehicles.
- Responsible for cleanliness of working environment.
- Manage all parts used in an orderly and responsible manner.
- Conduct performance reviews as stipulated by company policy and procedures.
- Act as leader and mentor to peers and sub-ordinates.
- Manage productivity levels in all workshops.
- Ensure effective communication between technical employees and management.
- Manage all shift hand-overs.
- Daily briefing and debriefing meetings to be conducted.
- Submit daily feedback and report to workshop managers.
- Comply with uniform standards.
Effective utilisation of all systems used in Intercape
- Log all related information on company system as required by policy.
- Understand all company system available and value that can be gained from these.
- Ensure internal white-boards are maintained and reviewed.
- Responsible to ensure the correct information is loaded and reflects accurately on the Intasect/Navigator and Move systems at all times and on a continuous basis
- Tyre stock changes as well as any tyre related information must be captured on a daily basis on both the Intasect/Navigator and Move systems.
- Responsible to ensure that you have received training on all systems (i.e. Intasect/Navigator, Move, SOPS, and all other systems used within Intercape relevant to your department) or have provided training to direct reports.
- Responsible fr effective utilisation, accurate capturing, and thorough record keeping on all systems relevant to perfom daily tasks within department.
- Manage any breakdown from call received to solution implemented.
- Obtain all relevant information from crew.
- Ensure problem is analyzed and probable causes identified.
- Complete all relevant documentation and update log-book with breakdown information.
- Report extent of problems outside own responsibility to Workshop Manager / Operations immediately after assessing situation.
- Provide feedback and complete breakdown report directly upon returning from breakdown.
- Ensure break-down vehicles are filled and cleaned after each break-down.
- Ensure correct tools and equipment are available for breakdowns.
Desired Experience & Qualification
REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO THE JOB:
- Grade 12
- Code EC license with PDP
- Trade Test Certificate (Must be a qualified Mechanic, Auto Electrician or Coach Builder)
- Valid Passport
- 5 years’ experience
Knowledge / Abilities:
- Have a proficient knowledge of the company, its divisions, associates, people products, service and website.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Able to assist as required in the technical department
- Able to focus and provide work of an extremely high quality
- Able and prepared to work shifts
- Must have own toolbox
- Planning and organizing
- Reliable and honest
- Computer literate
- You may be required to perform other or general work due to operational requirements, for which you are either qualified and/or capable of doing so, or any duties that may be reasonably expected of you
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).