Globetom Trading (Pty) Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Globetom Trading (Pty) Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024.
Globetom provides organizations with agility and speed to market at scale using our cloud-ready, integration-led platforms, and market solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Join our dynamic team that develops, delivers, and supports mission-critical applications in the Telecommunications and Aviation Sector making use of Globetom framework products. We are looking for an individual that comes from a programming background but would like to specialize as a DevOps engineer. The successful candidate will receive training on Globetom’s products, and assist with support around these products.
- Globetom supports telecommuting/working from home as part of our normal work environment and also as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Employees that are located at one of our offices may be required to come to the office for an 8-hour workday from time to time.
- Globetom is an equal-opportunity employer
- Globetom uses Atlassian Confluence for team collaboration and Atlassian JIRA and Agile project delivery methodologies to drive our customer delivery.
- Globetom has offices in Pretoria, South Africa and in Denver, Colorado. You will report to the Pretoria office.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your duties will typically include:
- Setup of environments
- Upgrade of operating systems
- Upgrade of Globetom products
- Low code development
- Creation of RPMs or images for installation
- Development of database jobs
- BPEL development using Globe tom’s visual BPEL modeller
- Automation of test procedures
- Continuous Deployment
- Roll-out of best practices to other support teams
Ideal personal traits
- Enjoy a fast-paced, agile delivery environment – high energy, self-driven individual required
- Analytical thinker
- Root cause analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Relevant Degree or Diploma
- Typically 5+ years of experience as a support engineer or in a DevOps role
- 7+ Linux experience (CentOS/RedHat/Ubuntu)
- 2+ years of AWS Cloud experience
- 3+ years Python/Bash Scripting
- 5+ Network experience
- 3+ years Virtualization experience (VMWare)
- Some Datacenter experience
Package & Remuneration
This opportunity is for a full-time employee as a senior DevOps Engineer.
Your compensation structure will be negotiated and competitive based on your relevant industry experience and qualification.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website for more details and submit the application(s).