Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Fleet Horizon Solutions (Pty) Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024.
Fleet Horizon Solutions (Pty) Ltd is a reputable firm in South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Legal & Compliance Manager
The Legal and Compliance Manager will contribute to the achievement of FHS’s compliance objectives by managing the development, implementation and monitoring of various processes and policies as they relate to the overarching governance framework. This role will also review all contracts and ensure compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To consider the implications of contractual, legislative, and regulatory requirements and undertake compliance monitoring procedures as necessary in the fulfilment of these compliance requirements
- Documentation and dissemination of procedures to promote contractual, legislative, and regulatory compliance
- Assess the impact of legislative changes to the business, and ensure the business units are fully informed
- Supporting the compliance process of all existing and prospective contracts, including performing legal audits
- Participate in crisis planning and training and ensure optimum business continuity and risk management
- Participate in and potentially lead internal investigations
- Maintain all compliance registers including but not limited to conflict of interest register, Gifts, Benefits & Hospitality register, Legal & Compliance register and Risk register
- Ad hoc legal and governance projects as required, and staff support and training
- Maintaining and managing FHS Insurance policies
- Support the development and maintenance of FHS’s corporate/organisational risk framework excluding clinical risk and promoting a culture to empower and skill our people to proactively identify, disclose and manage risk to enable stronger overall performance and compliance
- Working with Project and Risk Manager to ensure FHS’s Risk Register is up to date
- Support the development and maintenance of FHS’s contract management systems, policies, processes
- Review and assess all contract
- Work with Finance to develop procurement systems and procedures to manage vendors and ensure compliance with FHS requirement
Policies and procedures
- Review organisational policies and procedures to ensure compliance to legal, legislative, and contractual requirement
- Maintain the organisation’s existing policies
- Develop new policies as required
- Maintain and update the policy register
- Prepare and lodge notices and returns in accordance with all fundraising and other reporting requirements
- Ensure the business is fully compliant and aware of their reporting requirements and regulatory and compliance developments
- Supporting the Company Secretary to maintain corporate secretarial, ASIC and ACNC registers including lodgement and processing of documents/returns
Leadership and Management
- Contribute to an environment that is inclusive, supportive, and collaborative.
- Create a climate within the organisation which encourages and supports openness, persistence, and genuine debate around critical issues.
- Raise critical issues, especially with FHS Executive and make decisions in complex and novel situations.
- Support FHS to operate flexibly and to adapt to external and internal change.
- Work with and support the learning and development of other members of the team
- Encourage new ways of looking at established processes and practices by creating an environment that values innovation
- Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues and external stakeholders
- Deliver high quality work that supports our operating environment
- Demonstrate compliance with all legislation and FHS’ policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).