Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) 2022/2023. The entire application details for Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) can be accessed below.
Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) Bursaries
The Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) invites students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies in ANY field (entry-level/first-time study module/ undergraduate).
The CRET bursary aims to provide funding to students who may otherwise be overlooked by other bursary programmes – the program considers the holistic needs of candidates, their potential, and student who with enough support, nurturing, and mentoring, will become leaders of the future.
The bursary may provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, books, other learning materials, accommodation, meals, and a small living stipend (where motivated). The total value of the bursary is dependent on the specific need of the student and is aimed at covering essential expenses. The bursary is capped at a certain value, which will be discussed with the student before the Bursary Agreement is signed.
The bursary is awarded for 1 academic year at a time and will be renewable based on certain criteria (including academic results, commitment to the program, communication policies, and other criteria to be discussed with successful recipients).
Bursary recipients are NOT required to work back/ pay back the bursary after graduation, however, they will be expected to “pay it forward” by helping fellow members of their community.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have a valid South African ID number
- You must be between 16 and 27 years old
- You must be studying or intend on studying toward any entry-level or first-time study module/ undergraduate qualification
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification that is NOT longer than 5 years
- You may be in any year of study may apply)
- You must be studying or have applied to study at a recognized and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa (University, University of Technology, TVET College, or CET (skills development) College)
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have strong communication skills
- You must have strong leadership and empathetic skills
- You must have high values
- You must be in financial need, with a total household income of NOT more than R650 000 per annum
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies in essential and scarce skills fields, as determined by the Department of Labour, various SETAs, and other labor and economic advisors
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online at:
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
application Deadline: 31st October 2022