Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the City of Cape Town Urban Sustainability Internships 2023. The entire application details for the City of Cape Town Urban Sustainability Internships can be accessed below.
City of Cape Town Urban Sustainability Internships
The city of Cape Town invites South African unemployed graduates to apply for the Internship Programme 2023.
Each internship is for 12 months, and the deadline to submit your application is Friday, 16 December 2022.
The internships will take place within the Urban Planning and Design Department, and the Policy and Strategy Department. Find out more about each of the available positions.
The internship provides an exciting opportunity for you to develop skills in key operational areas in the City and gain practical experience in your field.
As an intern, you will be mentored by a manager within the relevant City department and will have the opportunity to attend compulsory training workshops and interventions when necessary.
They offer a minimum stipend of R49,08 per hour, based on a 40-hour (5-day) week, as well as limited employment benefits such as paid annual leave, sick leave, and training.
As an intern, you will work in one of the following sections/branches:
- Urban design, spatial planning, development implementation, architecture or landscape architecture – Urban Planning and Design Department
- Strategic policy, organizational research, research analytics, economic analysis (Policy and Strategy Department)
The following positions are available:
- Spatial Planning Assistant
- Climate Change Adaptation and Resilience Assistant
- Climate change Mitigation and Reporting Assistant
- Landscape Architect Assistant
Applicants are required to be recent graduates of a tertiary institution, with a recognized degree or national diploma in a related field. Specific qualifications will be listed in the advertised post
You are also required to have the following:
- A valid driver’s license for selected posts
- Good planning, administration, writing, analytical, and oral communication skills
- Literacy in computers, especially the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- The ability to work independently, within a team, and under pressure
- You must not be enrolled in further studies that coincide with the internship period.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
, and apply.
You will need to include the following in your application:
- A cover letter (maximum one page)
- A brief CV (maximum two pages) that contains the contact details of two referees
- A recent certified copy of your identity document
- A recent certified copy of your academic transcript from your tertiary institution
Application Deadline: 16th December 2022