In this guide, you’ll learn how to check your matric results online all by yourself. Once you are done with your matriculations examinations, the next thing to do is to wait for your results to be out.
However, this waiting process can be daunting. So in this article, we’ll show you a comprehensive give on how to check your matric results online. Not only that, but you’ll also learn how to know your performance in your matric exams.
How to Check Matric Result 2020
There are actually four (4) ways of checking your matric result. We’ll be sharing all of them with you on this page. You can check your matric results;
- Online: Use various websites to check the outcome of the matriculation exam from the comfort of your mobile devices such as the phone, laptop, or tablet.
- From the newspapers: After the release of the results, they are often published on the local dailies.
- Through the cellphone: You can access your examination outcome from your phone. All you need to do is dial *120*35658#. However, in this case, you should be registered to use the SMS method.
- Through your High School: While the exam outcomes may not be available at your school immediately when they are released, they definitely will. You can visit your school to know how you performed.
How to Check Matric Results Online
Candidates who have access to internet-enabled devices can check their results online following this procedure. Importantly, bear in mind that website traffic will be high on the release date, so expect delayed response times.
Visit the Department of Basic Education’s website here
You will need the following to log in:
- Exam number (don’t misplace this during the holiday!)
- Home Language
- Your personal details (name, surname, etc.)
If you attended a public/government school, then your results will definitely be available on this site.
How to Check Matric Results on the Newspaper
Your results will be published in the Newspaper on the day of the release of the results. It will be in all of the big Newspaper brands, like The Rapport, The Argus and The Star.
Remember it will not be your full results. It will just state whether or not you passed and with what symbol you passed – B for Bachelors Pass, D for Diploma, etc.
How to Check Your Matric Result Via Cell Phone (USSD)
You can use your cell phone (or someone else’s) to receive your results. SABC Education and the Department of Basic Education have provided a service that allows you to get an SMS with your results. You can register and have your results sent to you as soon as they are released. How? You have two options:
Register via SMS
- Send your ID number and exam number to 35658
- You’ll get a confirmation SMS once you’ve successfully registered.
- SMSes cost R1 and free SMSes don’t apply
- Get your matric results immediately when they are released
Use the USSD service
- Dial *120*35658# on the release date
- Answer a few multiple questions
- Enter your ID number
- You will get your matric results per subject
- USSD rates apply
You could also opt for the old-school method by giving the department a call on the day that the results are released. Just take note that a lot of matric students will be phoning to find out their results so you might wait for quite a while to get your results.
Dial 082 152 for your results.
How to Check Your Matric Result From Your High School
A day after the initial results are released, your school will give you your results. This is not the official matric certificate, it’s just your results for each subject. You will be able to fetch your official matric certificate in a few months – once it has been printed in full. If you are eager to get exact dates you should contact your school to find out further information.
What happens If I Do Not Pass?
It’s an examination so everyone is not expected to pass. Whichever outcome, it is advisable to stay calm. Seek an alternative way of growing yourself to where you need to be. For example, you can opt for the NQF 4, enrol for a bridging course, or even join an extended degree program.
How to check your matric results online is not a problem nowadays. The adoption of information technology in the education system has made this process quite simple. However, it is important to use the recommended websites such as the DoBE and the IEB only to check your results online. In addition, you should ensure that you do not forget your examination number.