BASF South Africa Trust Bursaries 2023
Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for BASF South Africa Trust Bursaries 2023. The entire application details for BASF South Africa Trust Bursaries can be accessed below.
BASF South Africa Trust Bursaries
BASF South Africa Trust invites South African students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to Black (African, Coloured, and Indian) female students, for studies within the following fields:
The aim of the bursary is to support the advancement of women in science, within the country therefore Black females with strong academic records and financially disadvantaged backgrounds, are encouraged to apply.
The full-cost bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbooks, accommodation, and a monthly stipend.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the 2022 final results are received (which are due by 4 January 2023). If you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be female
- You must be Black (African, Coloured, and Indian: in terms of the BBBEE codes)
- You must be studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying at a recognized and accredited University in South Africa
- You must have completed your 1st year of study and be entering your 2nd or higher year of study in 2023
- You must be in financial need and meet the NFSAS funding criteria
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must NOT have a criminal record
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary, scholarship, grant, or other funding (except for NSFAS funding)
How to Apply
Students who meet the eligibility requirements may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ results (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results (certified copy)
- Parent or guardians’ proof of income (latest payslips if employed, audited financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages)
- Essay on the following topic: “The current and future state of my field of study, how I will contribute when I graduate, and why I should receive financial support to study in this field.” (12pt font, 1.5 line spacing in Microsoft Word or PDF, 2 to 4 pages)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email, in PDF format, to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “BASF Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Application Deadline: 10th December 2022