For more information, visit Atlantic Fellows.
Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health Programme at GBHI 2023-2024
Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health Programme at GBHI 2023-2024. The full application details for the Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health Programme can be accessed below.
Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health Programme
Applications are open for the Atlantic Fellows for Equity in Brain Health Programme at GBHI 2023-2024. The programme provides innovative training, networking, and support to emerging leaders focused on improving brain health and reducing the impact of dementia in their local communities and on a global scale. It is one of seven global Atlantic Fellows programs to promote fairer, healthier, and more inclusive societies.
Join a diverse community of over 170 Atlantic Fellows from 46 countries dedicated to protecting the world’s aging populations from threats to brain health.
- Fellows engage in interdisciplinary learning sessions related to brain health, dementia, and health equity including neuroscience, health economics, social determinants of health, health policy, etc.
- Through observational, case-based and experiential learning fellows gain insight into the lived experience of people with dementia in clinical and community-based settings and engage in projects aimed at advancing brain health.
- Fellows will develop skills that can help them succeed in acquiring funding for their future work, and improve public speaking and other forms of dissemination of ideas.
- Fellows receive leadership training aimed at setting them up to be transformative influences on brain health around the world.
- Career Development and Pilot Funding
- Throughout the program and beyond fellows will receive career mentorship from faculty at GBHI and in their local community. Mentors will help fellows to realize their goals and be transformative and will assist them in applying for competitive pilot awards of up to $25,000 to begin an ambitious project in their home community.
- Lifelong Fellowship
- Becoming an Atlantic Fellow for Equity in Brain Health at GBHI doesn’t end upon the completion of the program. In fact, our fellows become part of a lifelong engaged community that extends and amplifies the impact of the fellowship. The interprofessional and interdisciplinary nature of the program encourages collaborations across sectors and each fellow contributes greatly to the cohort by sharing their experience and expertise.
- Applicants come from all parts of the globe and are expected to have a meaningful impact in their home community once the fellowship is complete.
- Applicants from all disciplines and professional backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should have a strong foundation of experience and expertise and be ready to advance meaningful and impactful work.
- Applicants should complete the highest degree and associated training they wish to obtain in their particular field.
- Show willingness and availability to complete 12 months of education in residence, full-time, in San Francisco (USA) or Dublin (Ireland).
- Long-term commitment to the values, mission, and goals of the program.
- The ability to bring creative and relevant projects to fruition.
- Ideas that could transform the global brain health environment in vulnerable communities.
- Proficiency in English.
- Successful completion of field-specific terminal degree and associated training as applicable.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required.
Applications are competitively reviewed and select applicants will be invited to interview. Interviews are by invitation only. All applicants are notified of their interview status by email.
Application Components include:
- Online application
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statements of Purpose
- Applicants will be required to write thoughtful and succinct responses related to their interest in the programme and future goals.
- Two letters of support.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.