Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Amorim Cork S.A. Recruitment 2023/2024.
Amorim Cork is the largest producer and supplier of cork stoppers worldwide, trusted by the leading wine producers
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Production Supervisor
The position is responsible for the processing and distribution of wine cork closures and the main purpose is to assist the Quality and Production Manager in terms of logistics, production planning, stock control, technical requirements, machine maintenance, safety and human resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Production daily Kaizen meetings to achieve regular, incremental improvements to the manufacturing process
- Planning, implementing and controlling of the production line in a cost-effective manner
- Oversee the manufacturing process by drawing up, controlling and adjusting of the production schedule according to operational requirements
- Liaising with sales consultants and handling of queries and complaints / technical support
- Daily update and distribution of the delivery plan to team members
- Booking of external transport requirements and making delivery arrangements with in-house drivers and couriers
Machinery and Equipment
- Schedule routine maintenance work to be completed
- Manage and maintain accurate record keeping and control of all machinery and equipment of the line
- Manage and ensure that machines are maintained according to set schedule
- Manage and operate the equipment according to the SOP’s and adhere to safe working practices
- Perform scheduled inspections of equipment and housekeeping as specified by the checklist
- Perform visual quality inspections of manufacturing line and report all faultiness, and machine malfunction promptly to management
- Ensuring the flow of stock and other resources required
- Stock Count to be completed on a monthly basis (or when required)
- Stock Variance reports
- Stock Control – rolling plan vs. safety stock vs. client orders
- Stock/Batch allocation
- Staff Training, where required
- Time and attendance
- Responsible for reviewing all staff work performance
- Supervising and motivating the production team
Health and Safety:
- Ensure compliance with all housekeeping rules and regulations
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and environmental procedures and legislation
- Ensure compliance of safe machine operation of all equipment and machinery to prevent injury or damage
- Perform regular health and safety inspections on the line for all hazards and identify unsafe practises
- Perform daily clean-up of production lines
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Matric Senior Certificate
- Qualification in stock management and store room control.
- A diploma in mechanical engineering; technology; business administration or related fields would be an advantage.
- Experience in Wine Industry. Experience in cork industry would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Computer Literate (MS Outlook & EXCEL compulsory).
- At least 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment if no formal qualification was obtained
MINIMUM SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Production Planning
- Excellent time management skills
- Organising Skills
- Systems monitoring
- Process flow understanding
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to show resilience and a flexible approach
- Decision making
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to communicate with customers and present Amorim products.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).