Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Akelo Group Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Financial Reporting Manager (Johannesburg/Cape Town)
Provide timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis to senior management and the executive team. Evaluate performance and variances at the divisional and group level and work with the senior management and executive team to identify improvement opportunities.
Coordinate and manage the preparation and analysis against the long-range financial plan, capital budgets and operational plans. Manage the monthly performance analysis against the annual budget and forecast in conjunction with senior leadership at the divisional level and at a group level.
Be responsible for overseeing the handling of important financial submissions and documents such as balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, quarterly board reports and annual submissions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity.
- Build and create positive, long-lasting relationships with internal and external clients.
- Assist in the evaluation of and accounting for complex transactions.
- Develop and maintain supporting documents for all financial reports and evaluate it for various departments and committees.
- Participates in the identification of opportunities for improvement and the preparation of corrective action plans as needed.
- Manage the submission of annual financial statements, maintain, and ensure adherence to group reporting schedules to meet required deadlines.
- Manage the preparation of the financial reporting & additional disclosure for the quarterly board and subcommittee meetings.
- Prepare minutes for quarterly board and subcommittee meetings.
- Analyse business results and prepare appropriate financial statements to describe those results.
- Partners with HR in building capabilities for driving the implementation of a high-performance culture.
- Conducts ongoing variance analysis and other operational support.
- Develop and maintain forecast models for income statement, balance sheet and cash flow for the divisions, entities and the group.
- Coordinate with divisional and senior management and prepare forecasts and report actual against budgets and forecast to meet business goals set.
- Ensure proper systems and controls are in place to manage the information reported.
- Safeguard and ensure the integrity of the financial and statutory records for the individual entities and the group.
- Develop financial models, prepare forecasts and reporting tools to identify business opportunities, risk and ensure performance better.
- Ensure compliance to all group reporting requirements, file appropriate quarterly secretarial requirements documents appropriately.
- Develop and implement internal financial controls for integration of closing process and financial activities of the company.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or related field.
- Completion of SAICA articles would be an advantage.
- Five years of experience in a financial reporting and or management accounting role.
- Skilled in general ledger processes.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website for more details and submit the application(s).